Thursday, February 28, 2013

Facebook Profiting from Your Personal Status

Well hello again!!! I am back with more about Facebook. You may have noticed those pesky little "GIVE A GIFT" buttons next to Birthday notifications. WELL, Today, when I logged on I saw a VERY peculiar sight. That little button was next to a status of a friend of mine who had just heard bad news about a family member. I took a screen shot immediately. I was completely floored to see that Facebook has made the decision to monetize on its users hard times. The next status I saw it on was someone talking about missing a family member that had passed away! SCREEN SHOT! What on earth is going on! Then I saw the "Give A Gift" on GOOD NEWS posts as well.  WHAT ARE THE TRIGGER WORDS they are using to determine it is worthy of making a profit?
 Facebook said they would always be free. Well this is not free. If they are using YOUR personal Life events for profit, something is very wrong.
Here are some screen shots I gathered today, I highly suggest you screen shot any you see as well. I have blurred faces and names, and in one I blurred the status.









The Finest Life,
Tara Woodruff

ViSalus Challenger Promoter -
tel.:727-945-2193
magikbroom71@yahoo.com
http://tarawoodruff.bodybyvi.com/

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I didn't know. This is invasive, duplicitous, and amoral to say the least. Thanks for informing all FB users. This news makes me glad that I don't share personal information on FB beyond the perfunctory required to establish an account. But for those users for whom FB is a way to inform friends and family of changes going on in their lives, this is disturbing but important news.

    Best,

    Ayanna Nahmias

    ReplyDelete