Sunday, December 12, 2010

On the importance of Confidence

"A persons ability to take a compliment
reveals the depths of his Faith"
~Tara Woodruff

Have you ever received a compliment and immediately became weary of the givers motives or character? If you have never had this experience, then you don’t need to read on, you need to write!
Over the years I have been in both positions. For a very long time, I never trusted a person that went out of their way (or not) to tell me something good about me. I would become very tense and went on high alert. Now, I could blame all of the early hurts, failures, and broken hearts on my inability to accept the expression of good thoughts from others. I will not lie and say that I was never susceptible to compliments from unsavory characters in my life, because I have. I have formed alliances with some very not so nice people in my past. But as long as those alliances are severed, and I have responsibility, I am able to weed out the tares and harvest the wheat. I could allow the things that I have learned over the course of my life to hinder me or to lift me. It has always been my choice. I am grateful for it.
As I embarked on a total transformation of my life, I began to have Faith. I began to practice Faith. I can receive a compliment...regardless of the givers intent. Once I realized that feeling good about what someone said or believes about me eliminated my concern for anything negative that those things could be. I have let go of the mind set of personal destruction. I demonstrate my Faith by practicing it. When I ask for reassurances; I let go of my expectations. I am confident enough in my heart, of my purpose, to release it and share it regardless of how it is received. It has been a rebirth, so to speak. I have progressed. I have improved, and I love it! Self Confidence is love!

Every day we slaughter our finest impulses. That is why we get a heart-ache when we read those lines written by the hand of a master and recognize them as our own, as the tender shoots which we stifled because we lacked the faith to believe in our own powers, our own criterion of truth and beauty. Every man, when he gets quiet, when he becomes desperately honest with himself, is capable of uttering profound truths. We all derive from the same source. There is no mystery about the origin of things. We are all part of creation, all kings, all poets, all musicians; we have only to open up, to discover what is already there. ~Henry Miller, Sexus



I find that when we begin to live in Gratitude, it becomes far easier to become confident enough to accept compliments. Another benefit of it is the ability to accept criticism. Criticism is not longer an outright attack on ourselves. Criticism no longer has the ability to derail our dreams.
Ever wonder why some talented people resort to very distructive behavior? It is SELF SABATOGE; either they do not think they are worthy of any special recognition or they are completely unable to get past the haters.

It is time to come in contact with our inner essence, it is time to accept that we are GREAT. Work on this diligently. Seek out the truth, you are devine.

Confidence Pictures, Images and Photos

Inner confidence Pictures, Images and Photos

Believe Pictures, Images and Photos



Best regards,
Tara Woodruff

Talk Fusion - Video Email
tel.:727-935-4597
magikbroom71@yahoo.com
http://1586403.talkfusion.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment