Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Great Pumpkin Soup Recipe






I large or medium Pumpkin

6 cloves of garlic

6 stalks of celery

4 tablespoons of minced ginger

4 carrots minced

juice of half a lime

one large or medium onion

Spices:

Nutmeg,

sea salt,

pepper black and white,

cayenne,

cinnamon,

( dont be shy here, I believe this should be sweet and hot, so dont be afraid to add jalapeno, or crushed red pepper:

all spices are to taste)

I cut pumpkin and scooped out strings and seeds, cut into large chunks ans seasoned and baked at 400 for 45 minutes.

I used a chopper to mince all of the others ( with exception of the potatoes) and sauteed in Olive Oil with salt and pepper.

When the pumpkin was done i let cool and removed skin.

I put it in the blender and pureed. All the while I par boiled the potatoes.

Then I cooled the potatoes, skinned them and cut em small ( home-fry size) and added to the crock pot with the puree and sauteed veggies. I left it on high to finish the potatoes and went shopping for a new phone.

Came home and added the crock pot ingredients to the soup pot and mashed the potatoes .

I let it cook over a medium heat and added organic half and half.

After a little while it was ready to serve.

I garnished with fresh parsley a lime twist and a dallop of Okinos organic greek yogurt. YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN SARAS FACE WHEN SHE TASTED THIS!

YUMMMMM! Enjoy!




Garnished with Okinos greek yogurt ( organic) and fresh Parsley and a Lime twist











Best regards,
Tara Woodruff
Health and Wealth Consultant
tel.:727-935-4597
magikbroom71@yahoo.com
http://www.ardysslife.com/tara71

No comments:

Post a Comment