Sunday, August 8, 2010

I have been a slave.


I have realized something the other day. I realized that I was guilty of allowing fear to control a portion of my life. And this control was hurting me and stifling my personal growth and money making ability.
Before the Economic crash in this country, I was a person that would only stay at a JOB for as long as 6 months; I put the JOB on a probationary period. If I liked the job, I stayed, if not I left. Reasons for leaving could be anything, lack of income, satisfaction, possibilities or bad bosses. I always had the upper hand, because I knew I could find work anywhere. When I lost my job as a restaurant manager because the owner decided to close, I was very afraid. I got a Job at my current place of work. After 6 months of being there I KNEW I was not satisfied, paid enough, and my Bosses did not care at all about the opportunity I could give them. I STAYED anyway. I have sold myself short for over 2 years! Doing this has harmed me in this economy more then helped.primarily, it locked me into a commitment that was not profitable or reliable, I was borrowing money from check cashing places just to get the rent paid. I was always under the GUN. Instead of treating this as a transitional position, I stayed. Now, two years latter, I am still not making enough to live, I am not fulfilling my truest potential, my body is being abused, and I have zero satisfaction or confidence in the higher ups at the store.
Then another thing occurred to me. Politically I am a firm believer in a quote from Benjamin Franklin "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Not only have I traded a little security for freedom; I have done it as a result of the current state of affairs. I became a slave.
So my message to you is DO NOT TRADE your freedom for security. It is fake security, it is not real, it is a lie. It will hurt you.
So while I nurture my business, I will gain employment where I can earn enough money to live in a much more FREE fashion.
I encourage you to really look at your current situation. Ask your self if you are happy, if you are able to afford to live, and if you are moving towards your goals. If not... you had better start now! Make a commitment to yourself! Choose FREEDOM!



Best regards,
Tara Woodruff
Health and Wealth Consultant
tel.:727-935-4597
magikbroom71@yahoo.com
http://www.ardysslife.com/tara71

No comments:

Post a Comment